How to reach Bivouac Le Petit Prince from: Marrakesh/ Ouarzazate/ M’Hamid
– Marrakech – Ouarzazate (via the mountain pass Tizin Tichka alt 2300 m): 200 Km, approx. 3,5 hours.
– Ouarzazate – M’hamid (through the palm filled Draa Valley): 250 Km, approx. 4 hours.
– M’hamid – La grande Dune de Chigaga (by 4×4): 62 Km, approx. 2 hours.
The types of transports to M’hamid include: rented/ licensed passenger car (usually 4×4), taxi or bus – provided by the national company (CTM).
(Click here >> for a Morocco distant chart)
Essentials: Sunscreen, small first Aid Kit, Torch/Flashlight.
In the desert the weather varies greatly from one season to the next. There is also a large temperature difference between day and night. The most enjoyable periods to visit us at the bivouac are spring (March/April/May) and autumn (October/ November – during the Taragalte Festival). Temperatures fluctuate between 25 and 35°C (in the direct sun) which is the “perfect” range – not too cold or hot.
During summer (June/July/August and September), it is extremely hot – plus 45°C, we therefore advise you to short in the desert for a short period, with most of the activities happening in the early morning and late afternoon/evening.
During our winter (December/January and February), the day temperatures are ideal for hiking and trekking in the wilderness (with a temperature range between 15 and 20°C). In the evenings as the sun goes down, the temperature cools dramatically, and can get as low as 0°C
Equipments for our caravan tours:
– Luggage: avoid suitcases, they are extremely difficult to transport on camels, instead pack a minimum amount into backpack or rucksack. You can leave the luggage you do not need during the hike at the main Bivouac Le Petit Prince.
– Clothes: Sporty clothes are the most appropriate for all seasons – light and long to protect you from the sun. During the Moroccan winter Dec/Jan/Feb it’s advisable to bring warm clothes and a warm sleeping bag against the cool nights. If needed though we can supplement your sleeping bag with blankets.
A long lightweight scarf to protect you (head) from the sun – these can be bought locally.
We are open ALL YEAR ROUND. The main Bivouac Le Petit Prince is temporarily dismantled in May and re-erected in September. During those months we will arrange bespoke nomadic expeditions and tours into the desert – you’ll sleep under the stars – using the sand as a comfortable bed and the sky as a sheet – a unique experience.
Contact us :
Ibrahim Sbai : +212 (0) 662 204 367.
Le Petit Prince Bureau à M’hamid : +212 (0) 524 887 908.
E-mail : email@example.com
As an official CTM agent we are able to reserve your bus ticket(s) to and from any city or destination in Morocco (Contact us +212 (0) 614 948 223)